View Single Post
Old 2007-03-08, 22:26   Link #19
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Solitary Balance

The episode felt loosely hanging from shallow seams, because they treated Alice and Olands' dilemma on separate but then integrating them into a common ground.

To work that out Oland at last figures out that Alice shares the same trait of his, that is loneliness. Simple soldiers who are ready to walk the path of death in order to accomplish for what they chose to be made.

For Alice is the impartial justice; the kind of justice that has ears but no eyes in order to punish indiscriminately.

For Oland is to become once again a walking weapon of murder to protect even if means to bloody his hands.

I am also one with the people contempt about the bantering and noise the commoners have been doing at the ballroom. It was just vexing that they are takin too much time to settle this arc.

Thankfully, Oland snapped out of his wusiness the only way he does: Blue Lantern. The next moment we had creepy horses and a stagecoach running literally over that glasses dude hand, smashing it crude. Gawk, talk about nasty things with your body parts.

And Goofus Maximus, I did not overlooked too that Oreld took the chance of addressing first to the breasts of Alice's married sister before lifting his view toward her face.

P.S. I do not blame GONZO for how this arc has been developing. They are doing their best to remain faithful as possible to the manga.

You want my opinion. Pumpkin Scissors is going to continue on the same light as Full Metal Panic. There are still lots of unexplored mysteries about the Silver Wheel, the Kaupland institute, Section I, the masked man, and Leonil's potential threat of a coup d'etat.