Thread: Licensed Love Hina
View Single Post
Old 2006-02-02, 21:20   Link #90
jedinat

Love Hina

I finally got around to reading this... why does everyone love it so much? From looking around forums and such this has to be one of the most popular manga around.

I read 9 volumes or so (first 8 and then skimmed through to the last volume). I didn't laugh once; didn't even crack a smile. It wasn't funny... and if you take away the funny from a comedy you get tedium.

Another problem with it is the inconsistent characters. Keitaro, an idiot, will all of the sudden act composed and normal for seemingly no reason, then go back to being an idiot whenever it's convenient (not to mention his feelings for Naru seem to fluctuate randomly between "loving" her and liking her just because she's there). There's also Naru's inconsistency of all of the sudden becoming "girly" for no apparent reason. (not to mention the fact that she's probably the easiest girl in the world to get if Keitaro would just stop being an idiot for 3 seconds)

These annoyances coupled with the ridiculously dragged out "promised girl" identity issue makes for a really bad manga imho.

Sorry, just felt a need to rant a bit...