View Single Post
Old 2013-02-09, 10:14   Link #146
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
THIS. This scene with Ko actually added some element for us to get a better in-depth view of his personality ... and nowhere near something like breaking his personality. I already had some assumptions before but now I'm pretty sure he's just the kind of person who seeks for another one who can take the best of him, which also pretty fits how he was always trying to push his former comrades to their limits (the Yuri girl and the cyber hunter dudes for instance) ... well that's just me (but I don't think I'm too far away from the truth).
They live in a world where almost no one has to even think about defending themselves, which leads you to think that most people wouldn't even care about learning self defence techniques. For someone like Makishima who rejects Sibyl, having actual impressive combat skills is in itself pretty legit, as he understands more than anyone else that other people (whoever they are) are potential danger. That of course isn't limited to the actual need for combat skills but the mentality of that society in about everything violence and crime related. Which also explain why so far he's been more or less disinterested in everyone that met him : they are just some random people who can't even understand his reasoning, some random thugs who barely know how to swing a bat and believe they can smash anyone, all those people bound to sibyl's saint words ... they're nowhere near to meet his expectations (less beat or outwit him) so why would he even care about winning over them? Slaying an ant and a ferocious bear are feats of different value.
However Kogami is different, he represents anything that Makishima can hardly find anywhere else in this world : a subtle mind that understands the beast inside everyone of us, who doesn't give a damn about what Sibyl has to say about him, who finds value in strengthening his body and crafting his fighting skill, who can understand Makishima himself. Yes, just the thought of someone like Ko draws a huge smile on his face ... so what would happen when, in what looks like a once in a lifetime event, he meets that person face to face? has a discussion with him in which he got quoted back in the way he'd like the best to be! fights him and is finding himself slightly pushed back and even got his breath cut (which is impressive considering how wounded his opponent is)! would he stay as stoic as usual? Obviously not, he'd rejoice and appreciate the thing to its fullest and show how entertained he is like never before.
So yeah, it's legit to me.
Totally agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Strangely enough it looked like it was destroy decomposer mode and not eliminator ... but I might be wrong. Anyway that doesn't make Kagari less dead ;_;
Maybe she missed. She was also shot.