View Single Post
Old 2007-10-25, 17:00   Link #42
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Spoiler for Summary:
I'll add a little:

Though more of a tip, you should choose certain characters to go through the game with. If you recruit all characters possible, you will often not be able to select them all. If you choose to level them all up evenly, your units might end up underleveled (highest level is 20). So it is best to choose the units you do not want/plan to use beforehand. Luckily, you have multiple of certain attack types such as:
Spoiler for recruitable characters:

Another hint, or rather cheat...- There is a glitch in the game that causes two cards to power to max while dropping one card to a three digit number (This happened to me the first time I went through the game)

A note is that besides X, -, and O, there are colors as well to determine power. Going aggressive drains the bar. And in the final battle:
Spoiler for final battle:

Your enemy's bar is rather unfair in a way. When you battle them, the bar slowly charges. BUT, if they win the round, in the next round of the Union, the bar starts at zero. If you win, the bar continues where it left of. This can be used to your advantage, by matching certain characters together.

Experience and Level- Max level is 20, besides Final Boss. Every unit that goes into battle belonging to you will gain experience. If the enemy's level was higher than your unit, you get more. If it is lower, then you get less experience.
Because of this:
Spoiler for Final Boss:

And finally:

THE VERY, VERY, VERY ANNOYING Cannons and Ankhs- Utilized by certain characters, these weapons can fire on your units and cause Morale Damage. Cannons are weaker than Ankhs because Cannons cannot be fired at night.
There are maps where you get to use a cannon.
Defeating the unit with the cannon is the only way to stop the cannon fire, or stay out of the range (though you will probably need to enter range to finish the map).
Also, later on:
Spoiler:

EDIT:

I can't believe I forgot:

The most important aspect:

Union:

Basically:

Only one unit each turn can initiate an attack. The initiator can drag allies to help. It is a bit hard to explain afterwards...
If the initiating unit is male, then allied units two spaces diagonally from the initiator will join in. If it is female, it will be horizontally and vertically instead of diagonally.
Further more, those units that join the Union can pull in other allies as well. Once again, the gender determines the shape except this time it is one space, not two.

Those units pulled in from the already pulled-in units will NOT pull others in.

A max of five units may participate in a Union.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2007-10-25 at 17:14.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote