View Single Post
Old 2011-03-13, 10:16   Link #1015
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

I'm interested in buying the Memorial Edition of Clannad, but as for translations, I haven't found conclusive information of the translation's progress. I assume at least some version has been 100% translated. And all translation patches I've ran into are for either the original or Full Voice version. So, is there a translation patch for the Memorial Edition and how complete is it? If not, is there a way for a patch of another version to work with it, like the Full Voice version patch working with Memorial Edition? They're not much different right?

I haven't really acquaintanced myself with Clannad or Key's other work, just heard it's really good. I'd like to start with the original, even though I heard the anime is pretty loyal to it. I'm kind of torn between buying Clannad or the upcoming Rewrite, especially as the latter has Ryukishi07 writing some scenarios. I'm leaning towards Clannad, because it already has a translation, costs less and stuff. I'm trying to learn Japanese, so I'll read my next VN with dictionaries at hand if I have to, but I'd not like the feeling suffer from my language skills. I also like Clannad's uniform design better than in Rewrite, those pink garments are a bit distracting.
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote