View Single Post
Old 2011-12-16, 18:16   Link #401
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
I'm not sure you understand that naruto is a jinchuuriki and that the kyuubi is sealed in him. pain didnt fight the kyuubi. he fought the kyuubi sealed inside naruto with a 6 tailed cloak and then an 8 tail cloak with naruto's body underneath. if you want to go down the control road, then you have to factor in that kabuto is controlling the zombies of the characters you have placed near the top which should negate their posistions since they are not technically themselves. i dont agree with that but you should if you stay true to this belief about naruto not being naruto when he has the cloak
As far as the control argument goes, these are two entirely different situations. With Kabuto and the zombies the only thing that changes is the mind behind the characters' actions. To use the Third Raikage as an example, we can say with some certainty based upon his performance how strong he was. Further, we can say things like, "He'd be even stronger were he in control of his own actions, instead of Kabuto." And even then, not all of the zombies were under Kabuto's complete control (though Nagato was, and as such it's safe to say he'd be even stronger still were he alive).

With KM Naruto, you have to consider the two ways of drawing out the cloak. In Naruto's battle against Sasuke at the VoTE he drew out the One-Tailed Cloak all on his own and retained complete control over himself (albeit somewhat more feral), so we can say that Naruto's power during that battle was entirely his own. With the Four-Tailed, Six-Tailed and Eight-Tailed incidents, however, Naruto was clearly utterly mindless and under the Kyuubi's complete control. If we're splitting hairs you can say Naruto's body was behind those actions, but his mind definitely wasn't, and I think that's the key here.

Consider Ichigo's final battle with Ulquiorra in Bleach, when he was completely taken over by his Hollow. Would you still say that was Ichigo, and that he, and not his Hollow, won that battle? I consider Naruto and the Kyuubi to be a very similar thing.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote