View Single Post
Old 2008-02-18, 15:14   Link #20037
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Hmm, that might work. Might I suggest also adding the political chaos the underhand business and subsequent death of the council would have undoubtably have caused as a reason? Of course, stuff like this still needs to be done with some semblance of secrecy...
All going to be tricky writing really.

Quote:
The difference between internal and external circuitry is huge. It's like saying a layer of bone wrapped around the skin is as sturdy as one inside the body. A concentration of cables and wires is a hell of a lot more sturdy then the same cables scattered over a larger surface.
No it's not, there's no difference to whether I place my cable bundle inside flesh, or outside flesh. It's still a cable. As an engineer, I'm going to build it intelligently. And wrapping bone around the flesh. You don't know how a modern exoskeleton frame is even MADE do you? You don't built it like a BUG's skeleton. You build essentilly an endoskeleton you stand in, and put armor around it.

Quote:
That being said, even the cyborgs broke down several times in the series.
If I wore an exoskelleton all day and all night, day in and day out throughout the passage of time of the series, it would break down too. Since I'm not a cyborg, I'm not obligated to sleep in my own armor. I would call that a maintanance PLUS. I can have an aged part replaced without having to go lay on a bed for X hours.

GRIM: Is dat da best you con do?