View Single Post
Old 2004-05-23, 21:30   Link #68
Sharkbark
Annoying Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Sharkbark
Well I also voted for Sei but not just because she's the "fun" character...

I think Sei is the most well developed and realistic character of the series. She is outwardly confident and definitely a lot of fun on screen, and really added a great humor value to the series, but she also has an extremely painful past. She is essentially transformed from her time with Shiori, where she is quiet, withdrawn, and depressed, to the carefree Sei we see at the beginning of the series. This is a change that has happened in my own life so I can relate to her a lot.

She is also a very perceptive character who I think understands relationships more than many of the others, and she is the most supportive of the younger sisters (ex. When Yumi gets in a fight with Sachiko she asks Sei for advice, Shimako heavily depends on Sei to give her confidence, etc.) Even though she is always suffering on the inside, she shrugs it off and acts happy so the others around her will be more at ease.

Of course the fact that she is the only one who is definitely a canon yuri girl helps XD (I am lesbian, so...) .

Well everyone can have their own opinion, but to me Sei is like the ideal of who I would like to be, and I relate to her a lot. Anyone have more reasons they like some of the other characters? ^_^

Edit: Forgot to add that I have read somewhere (possible on this forum) that Sei will NOT be disappearing in the second season. She chooses to go to college at the Lillian University so she can stay close to Yumi and Shimako. Also I know she has to be in some future story line because her room mate becomes a character. So I look forward to more fun with Sei ^_^

Last edited by Sharkbark; 2004-05-23 at 21:41.