View Single Post
Old 2009-05-28, 01:44   Link #206
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
I remember when Ichigo was trying to recover his shinigami powers and his world was crumbling. Zangetsu poped out of nowhere and between saying things about his inside world being in danger and how to save this world, he somehow manages to talk about shinigami being able to fly... I tried to pull "unfiting information" in my comics and it always ends as badwriting - because there is no way a person would make a disgression that big in the middle of such dramatic speach. "You're going to die, I don't like rain, and you have to find your own power to survive" That doesn't sound right.

Ok, so we have Zangetsu's word that Shinigami can fly in real world or something. Well, it has to be real world since noone is flying in SS just to move faster or avoid the labirynth. Without mentioning fillers that exploit the labirynth theme even more, they don't even use shunpo too much or jumping on the walls.
Next thing we see is Urahara saving our group with his carpet, because not all of them are shinigami that can walk on sky. We know they can because after SS arc nearly all shinigami vs arrancar fights take place in mid-air while they both walk on sky.

But then we go to HM, and it turns out that Ichigo and Grimjaw (and others) can walk spiritually build sky too. This is a big news because most people would think that HM is more similar to SS while being constructed with spiritual energy and beina world where spiritual beings live. It somehow is more real than SS, because people can do sky walking thing.

It's not a big plothole, but it'll be if anybody starts fly (without super cloack) in SS.