View Single Post
Old 2009-06-18, 06:47   Link #211
Ultramarinus
Disputatio exaro nex

Well, it's not the just the actions but also the motives and intentions of a character that I also consider while judging a character and its personality. If she had done the act, (together with Layfon of course) she would both transcend into a villain and the story would end, so no it wouldn't happen of course. But the mindset is there to make such an action and that's also something to evaluate the character upon. Agreed that Regios is generally good in characters department though.

Every military artist carries such a risk, that's why they change the people who charge up the kei cannon or tranquilize Layfon to force him into resting, etc. Plus the fact is that Felli isn't in the front line so isn't threatened by the enemies.

Focus true, but there seems to be simply nothing else that drives her. She's bending herself and try to bend the world in such a way that it'll be convenient for either herself or Layfon, she's acting like the world consists of just them and noone else. Others' feelings? Others' concerns? Others' safety? Who cares? Certainly not Felli, not one bit.

Maybe she'll get development in the future, at least in the novels, but I have to say that for this much screen-time, she arguably received less development than even Sharnid. I in fact was simply apathetic towards her for quite a long time.

In any case, everyone's got a favorite character for this or that reason, I just wanted to express my views on Felli, I don't necessarily expect to sway opinions.