View Single Post
Old 2009-08-22, 18:18   Link #19
Timdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
So, it's helpful to imagine writing as a way of organising your thoughts into a coherent narrative, a way of training the way you think. After all, there's presumably a reason why you're taking up this creative writing class, no?
No real reason except it fulfilled my art requirement.

I'm not sure if I will even pursue video editing beyond the hobby/amatuer level as there are other careers I'm interested in that would make more money and I'm still interested in the subject matter.

I also felt that my creative writing class wasn't a great experience because my professor was pretty bad. Her own writing wasn't very good and she had an incredibily arrogant personality and played favorites. Plus I found that it was much easier for me to work with visual/audio stuff than with the written material. I do understand that having strong writing skills will help and I do have strong "formal" writing skills (research papers and such) but I just find it hard to write fictional works. Most of the time I can very easily picture what I want to say in my head in movie form, but trying to transfer that to paper is very hard. I've always been a very visual thinker so perhaps that's why I find it hard to write fiction since whenver I get imaginative ideas, they are always in a very visual/audible form.
Timdog is offline   Reply With Quote