View Single Post
Old 2012-11-03, 13:12   Link #31077
UsagiTenpura
Artist

So if I get this right, the general idea seems to be that people wanted "a reason" to murder. Not necessarily a good one, but one that doesn't entirely goes against the characterisation we've been given of a given character.

Something like plenty of people probably might have a reason to kill x other person, but the whole family? That's insane right? But that's also more or less what I'm wondering. Is it possible that the murders we've seen, as let's say depicted in arc 1, could lead to something that really made a whole lot of sense?

Ironically it seems to be the main problem with Shkanon theory as well. It's hard to pull off, but not entirely impossible, however what is hard to imagine is "why". Why would you begin to do that?

Still in the end it only seems to make certain that we're missing on the heart entirely.

I'd say oddly enough if Kinzo was somehow still alive it would suit him sorta. Sure he might not always be a jerk, but he has mood swings, and is closing in death, and his family are only talking about how to better chew up his bones. Not to mention being quite drunk it seems most of the time. Ironic in that we were presented with a very believable culprit right from arc 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Could also make some hay of Yasu's martyr complex as Beatrice: Her love for Battler spurs her to protect him as a counter-agent to Kyrie, to the point that she'd be willing to shoulder the blame for it too in order to protect him from any possible notion of involvement.

I'm not sure there's enough evidence, though... although Kyrie does say some pretty mysterious things in just about every episode.
Perhaps not Kyrie, but generally speaking that idea seems to be emerging. Yasu could be taking the blame for someone else.
Still the Kyrie idea has the merit of explaining the pertinence of Yasu knowing about Battler's real mother.

Sorta random too but I was thinking that the scene where George asks Yasu for an answer by tomorrow might more or less refers to the general idea behind Yasu and Battler's return. By the time the weekend ends, she'll have in a way or another her answer from Battler. I'm thinking tho she wasn't necessarily going to reveal any of the secrets of the island, she also didn't have any reasons to continue pursuing them further then this weekend. What does this have to do with murders? I don't know, but at the very least it seems like a start in explaining the role of Battler's return. I can more or less see a trail from there that goes to George learning that Yasu still loves Battler and bad things happening afterward, but I guess it still doesn't explain the weird witch like mass murders.

Last edited by UsagiTenpura; 2012-11-03 at 13:29.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote