View Single Post
Old 2010-11-24, 12:46   Link #5671
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazePT View Post
The writers confirmed that Lelouch was dead? That's its strange, because it is indeed obvious that they wanted to leave an "open ending" to Lelouch, and usually when writers do that, they don't go around explaining what they just wrote xD.
I do think its plausible for him to be alive, because just like when CC gained the last Lvl of Geass and was able to kill the woman that gave her the power thus gaining immortality, the same thing should happen to Lelouch when he was able to kill his father. (Just like everyone explained)

We are still able to say like PaRappa " I know.. I gotta BELIEVE!".
Yes Okouchi and Taniguichi confirmed that as far as they're concerned Lelouch is dead and Geass is (was) over.

Sunrise on the other hand...well let's just wait and see what they do with Code Geass. It is my humble opinion that the ending with CC talking to nonone (maybe the cart driver) was put in at the behest of Chief Producer Nobuo Masuda.
Knowing Sunrise, they may have added the CC monologue as a "just in case we want to make a sequel" option.
Considering Code Geass is starting to follow the Gundam UC pattern of "TV series, then manga, then OVA..." we'll have to wait and see if they'll give us a new series in a couple of years.

I say this because Taniguichi and Okouchi have nothing to do with the new anime Code Geass: Akido of the ruined country.
That's being directed by Kazuki Akane and the new script is being written by Shigera Morita.
I find that a little bit unusual since it is normal to use one or the other of the original staff (director or writer) when transitioning to a new crew.
Take Macross for example, the only time Shoji Kawamori had nothing to do with a Macross series was when he said (back in 1985) that FlashBack 2012 was the last series of Macross and that the story was over.
Big West decided against that and created Macross 2 (which I happen to like) and kept the original artists but canned the director and writer (Kawamori).
Kawamori came back for Macross Plus knowing that Big West would continue Macross with or without him.
I think the same kind of thing is going on with Code Geass.

Thus while Lelouch is certainly dead right now it doesn't mean Sunrise is incapable of resurrecting him later.
As the saying goes: "money talks, BS walks."