View Single Post
Old 2011-12-22, 16:34   Link #5822
Tori

Send a message via AIM to Tori Send a message via MSN to Tori Send a message via Yahoo to Tori
Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Say what?

All that chaos and confusion was progress from the chokehold Britannia had on the world. Most of the destruction he caused was collateral damage due to being low on options. The Zero Requiem involved him actually being the worst tyrant in the world. In short, not just causing more damage than he himself caused during the rebellion (which was at least offset by progress), but also Charles and anyone else. He could have just as easily continued on as a good leader.

It's like people forget two important things: the nature of the empire Lelouch was fighting against forbade him from playing nice, and he had basically won the moment he beat Charles (leaving Schneizel out of the discussion for a moment).

Besides, and this isn't the first time I've brought them up in this thread, the likes of Cornelia still lived on, despite being murderers.
I never said that there wasn't already chaos and confusion that Brittania had caused. That's why I specifically said the "chaos and confusion he caused." In addition, I also never said that he had to play nice. I acknowledge the fact that he was very limited in his options with fighting against Brittania. What I was trying to point out was that people viewed him as a cruel tyrant. As a result, all of the hatred was towards him. Which is why his death was necessary. He can't simply "have just continued on as a good leader" when everyone else practically hated him.
Tori is offline   Reply With Quote