View Single Post
Old 2012-08-14, 03:17   Link #84
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Actually...why hasn't Obito's eye (in Tobi) gone blind yet? Tobi has, presumably, been using the eye (specifically the time-space ninjutsu) for 17 years, so how come the eye hasn't lost its "light"? Itachi's eyes went out after only 7 or so years of usage (and I doubt he ever used them that much), yet Tobi has been using the same eye for more than twice as long with no problems (to the eye). So...what's up with that...?
I think it's obvious that his eye is in normal sharingan mode when he uses it, it clearly has the 3 tomoe pattern of a normal sharingan, no MS patterns. Probably the DNA/cells of the 1st hokage which are in his body let him use rinnegan and also the sharingan on a higher level than a mere Uchiha could, because Senju+Uchiha->sage of 6 paths. Of course this would not explain why is Edo-Madara switching to EMS when he uses susano. But Tobi never switching to MS mode at least is a strong hint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
you're right about this, but what's the point? the whole series is magic. try making sense out of edo-tensei zombies having unlimited chakra or summoning jutsus or eating wads of clay with your hand mouths and spitting out bombs, or turning yourself into a living stick that can control puppets with chakra strings. it's all nonsense and tobi's ability is no exception, just new in it's explanation (well as Hunter pointed out it's not that new an explanation) it wouldn't have been as dumb if kakashi and naruto weren't there when sakura said it the first time
I wouldn't call all jutsu nonsense, there are different levels of nonsense there
Having limited chakra in a fight is quite logical, so it makes sense. The 9 demons having huge amount, even unlimited chakra has less sense, but we can still make sense of it considering the story. But then there are these ET zombies that presumably have unlimited chakra out of nowhere, that doesn't make sense. So i think we can always discuss how much sense does a particular ability or jutsu have in the Narutoverse.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote