View Single Post
Old 2008-04-22, 20:24   Link #73
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
There is a difference between Luffy eating small amount of salt everyday and giving it to a zombie after receiving that slash from Brook. Also... "devil fruit users are weakened if they fall into the sea" refers to the sea only...nothing else.... they dont die if they eat a fish or drink some sea water so i dont see why giving salt to the zombies should remove their soul.

Until now, we dont know what or how are the sea stones made but they did say it is some kinda of solidified sea. It isnt just some random rock they pick up from the sea or extracted some water and froze it -.-
...I am not sure how this is supposed to disagree with my point (that a seastone would not affect a Zombie). Nothing you have said actually disputs my claims, so I assume you are merely adding to the discussion.

As to how much salt Luffy takes in...well judging by the amount of meat he eats each, and since they live in a world were meat still needs to be cured to be stored properly, that means the amount of salt Luffy takes in each day is, realistically, enough to poison a human (obviously this is fantasy so that does not matter), but he is okay. But, a small pebble of seastone, whatever it is made of, can weaken Luffy. That implies that Salt is not a main part or possibly even no part of what makes up seastone, otherwise simple helpings of salt would affect Luffy. And, if seastone has no salt, it would not affect a Zombie (which is what I was addressing).

Now whether or not salt should affect a zombie, that deals more with religious beliefs (specifically some Shinto etc. beliefs were salt is used to ward of supernatural beings.) So salt being used to defeat zombies is not that unheard of.
---

But, this is besides the point. The Introduction of Oz/Odz was great. And now we have to wait a week or so for a new episode. It is no fair .

Last edited by james0246; 2008-04-22 at 20:34.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote