View Single Post
Old 2012-08-18, 12:17   Link #30
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Same. At no point did it really feel like KYH was at a major disadvantage or in danger of losing the fight, Megumi just ended up coming into the game to meet her instead of forcing her to come back out as a sort of gesture that she's willing to step into KYH's hidden world and be a part of it instead of just standing their moping. She's kind of obsessed with Hime on a creepy level after all. Small potatoes personal problems compared to what's going on back in the main story though.
Well said. And just to add on.... The thing is, we just don't know anything about her, why she is (was) a Burst Linker, and how her power works. I think, however, Megumi's power lets her change the stage to one she wants to change it to. That is the reason it went to a stage that was the perfect stage environment for defeating Sulfur Pot. Again, we don't know!! (So frustrating!!) But that's how it looks to me.

As for why Black Knight knows nothing about Megumi, that is the real boggle of this episode. Isn't Black Knight one of the earlier (original?) Burst Linkers? How is it she not only does not know who Megumi is, but doesn't seem to care to find out? With a power like hers, and her (assisted by a shaman (magic effecting digital?)) ability to return to the game after being forced out of it... Black Knights lack of curiosity infuriates me.