View Single Post
Old 2008-04-26, 19:01   Link #50
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakCWAL View Post
If you read my post carefully, you will note I was not talking about the jumbled craptastic side stories HG managed to muster after the end of the ORIGINAL Macross or the first portion of Robotech. Whether it is Macross or the original Robotech: Macross saga, Hikaru (or Ricky, whatever) never, ever commandeered anything larger than a fighter wing. EVER!
Your original post didn't make it clear you wished to ignore everything after episode 36 of Robotech. I assumed you just hadn't watched Robetch II:Sentinels from your lack. Which does after all have General Rick Hunter marrying Admiral Lisa Hayes on screen.

Not that complaining about a quote from a later episode [set 30 years later] makes much sense under that logic. Especially since apparently only those things that happend in a different universe [Macross rather than Robotech] from that episode have any validity for you. And since that episode doesn't happen in the Macross timeline it shouldn't be a problem for you. the Idea that Macross and Robotech are in different timeline shouldn't be a problem for a Macross fan, what with the Original series vs DRYL and Macross II vs Macross Plus.

If you ignore Robotech II:Sentinals [Why an OVA intended to be the pilot for a follow up series written by Macek is not aceptable evidence for a things going on in a series written by Macek seems strange.] and the Novels you have no evidence Lisa is still alive as of 2044 [Having last seen her in 2012]. Also you have thirty years for Rick to gain experience and rank in.

If you don't ignore them then there is the Edwards Mutiny and the REF/Sentinals experiences against the Invid to give reasons for Rick to be leading. Lisa's closeness to the Praxian exiles may not have helped.
dahak is offline   Reply With Quote