View Single Post
Old 2010-04-18, 03:25   Link #8272
Laserworm
Maelstorm-Fenrir

Send a message via AIM to Laserworm Send a message via MSN to Laserworm
Quote:
Knox 5 is basically supposed to ban culprits that are 'acceptable targets' or cliched culprits, not just foreigners per se. It's about avoiding that "easy way out" a lot of mysteries of Knox's time had.
And this was done because almost all mysteries around that time, just threw in a new character at the end to be the killer. And it was stupid.

Quote:
The way I see it, Knox 5 in the Uminekoverse would restrict the possible culprits to being one of the 18 as they are presented, denying the theories involving Kasumi, a fake Battler, or Nanjo's granddaughter. I'd like to say it also denies the servants, since they're basically the ultimate cliche culprits, as well.
Yeah it restricts it to being the 18 people. But the servants haven't been tossed out knox's 5th was because it isn't even a mystery if a new character just gets thrown in to be the killer, the reader doesn't even get the hear about them until the end when they are caught.

Oh yeah, I copied and pasted knox's rules. Well I cleaned it up a bit, fixed the old english.
Laserworm is offline   Reply With Quote