Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-16, 07:03   Link #693
Megiddo

Odd, I would have thought Toto would have gone into the stylistic difference in-between knowing that all 5 pass (if you see 3, then you know the other 2 are right behind) immediately versus the 1999 method of having it be completely up-in-the-air until the quintet complete the test with but seconds to spare.

Knowing that the group passed and then seeing Gon's ingenuity at work didn't have near the same effect on me as it did in the 1999 version, where you see everyone working together and trying to the break down the wall.

But I suppose it's much more important to point out that Leorio's knife is different or the room is different. Toto also notes that the 2011 anime caught on that it's the same walls as before and yet didn't notice that the 1999 version did the exact same thing. Bizarre.

He also didn't even comment on Lippo's poignant final words about how Gon was able to 'break through more than just the wall, he broke the walls of common sense'. While everyone else in the room were wondering how they could be one of the 3 who pass the exam after 'X' was chosen, Gon wouldn't settle for anything less than them all passing. If you want to call Gon stubborn for that, then I'll agree that he is stubborn. But it's that quality that makes him such a strong character. And as far as the end of Trick Tower goes, the 1999 version far outshines both the manga and 2011 version in my opinion.
Megiddo is offline   Reply With Quote