Thread: Anime or not?
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-16, 21:06   Link #37
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
For the same exact reason why people make a distinction between Brittish comedy and American comedy, Greek Tragedy and modern tragedy or Hollywood movies and bollywood movies etc.

IMO there is more to it than just differences in animation styles between animes and american cartoons, but it would rather pointless to explain that to you seeing your last few posts.
You misunderstand, I'm not even talking about stylistic differences or making a distinction. I acknowledged that there are differences, of course, between different styles of animation coming from different countries. Does that warrant a new name for said animation? Seeing how no other country gets the privilege of having its animation being called a special name, apparently not. There is nothing wrong with a new name alone, but the word "anime" has led to people acting like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
In here, fans (not all) separate them (and no, fans [again, not all] don't want to lump ponies, coyotes, annoying sisters who blow up labs and superheroes with Nanoha, Haruhi, Robotech, etc. ).
in a snooty way. And not for all countries either, only Japanese animation. Duh, there's differences between Japanese and other countries' animations. Are the differences large enough for some people to lose their mind when someone calls an anime a "cartoon"? No.

Please understand my posts before trying to debate about something I never said.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote