View Single Post
Old 2006-04-16, 08:31   Link #13
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quite interesting thread.

Title: Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
Rating: A+
Episodes viewed: 2
I may as well follow the trend and call this just brilliant. This season's winner for me, truly funny moments with outstanding animation (to be expected from KyoAni). I'm looking forward to the following episodes.

Title: Ouran High School Host Club
Rating: A
Another great series here, I loved the way they made fun of BL and stuff like that in episode 1, and the atmosphere was kept in episode 2. Once again, on top of that, we get something that's visually awesome thanks to BONES.

Title: Simoun
Rating: B+
Episodes viewed: 1
The animation is the first thing that hit me while watching the first episode, plus the music is also good. Story sounds interesting, although all the latin stuff made it quite confusing. Curious to see more.

Title: Utawarerumono
Rating: A-
I didn't expect much and thought the atmosphere wouldn't really be my thing, but it turns out to be pretty refreshing, colorful scenes and nice music. What else to ask for?

Title: Soul Link
Rating: C-
One of the only shows of the season that I was anticipating, after seeing Navel's work with SHUFFLE!. Unfortunately the series starts off very slowly, in a quite boring way. Not a big fan of the space thing, and the characters are somewhat annoying. Maybe the rest could change my mind, though.

Title: Air Gear
Rating: C-
Nothing too interesting here, but that may just be because I'm not too fond of shounen usually. Plus the animation and music aren't really good.

Title: Kiba
Rating: B-
Decent animation with a story that could be at least a bit different than the usual typical shounen stuff.

Title: Nana
Rating: A-
I know a lot of people had very high expectations on this and were disappointed, however I haven't read the manga and loved what I've seen so far. Great music and animation.

Title: ZEGAPAIN
Rating: C
I was expecting a little better from Sunrise, so far it doesn't seem original at all. The animation is however good.

Title: Disgaea
Just like Nana, a bunch of people seem disappointed at this, but I haven't played the game so I didn't expect anything in particular, apart from what I had seen in the promo. The animation isn't really good, but the story seems somewhat fun, and I like the characters.

Title: xxxHOLiC
It's by CLAMP, another highly anticipated series. The animation seems to be a step below the movie's, but it's still something that's nice to watch.
Katapan is offline   Reply With Quote