View Single Post
Old 2011-01-02, 13:37   Link #89
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Game is pretty short, a lot of the time is watching cut scenes. IMO they spend too much time and money on those and not enough on game mechanics. You get a lot of frame drops, installing the game (install data option) doesn't help, and camera is a bit iffy. Overall a mediocre shooting game, but perfect for short travels.
Things i like, the limited tactical decisions you have to take, placing you pawns to execute the crossfire feature effectively. Once you beat an episode you can replay whole episode or the single chapters, to unlock achievements or beat your own time. Also the weapons can be customised, and you can revert it back to standard, for your own set challenges.

There is a reason why it isn't refereed as PE3, by SE unofficially, is because it is not. Does it deserved all the hype it got? No, especially from the PE series fans. I reckon a lot of them will end up being disappointed, getting a shooter game.
However I might buy the localised version, if some modification are being made to it, like inverted controls for sniping, launcher and special weapons, manual aiming(?), maybe bonus levels or map editor and if it is sold for under £20. Thankfully, i didn't spend almost 60 quid importing this, that why we have daft friends for ^^.
Another problem i have, Aya looks different from the PE series, she looks like Maaya Sakamoto, seems like SE are in love with her, or the director or producer..., shameless promotion of an artist.

In the end it is an OK go shooter game, but £60 to import it seems too much even as a fan of the old PE games.
This kinda saddens me.

But at the same time, since PE creator and SE parted ways, they probably couldn't have made a similar game (not just the name).

I will be getting the english version when it comes out regardless, PE was one of my favorite game all time so there's nothing i could do about it...just like FF. (Seriously, if SE decided to do a flash game and name it FF15, I would still have to pay 50bucks for it.)