View Single Post
Old 2011-02-05, 09:17   Link #12
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Reposting for novel speculators:

I've been hunting high and low for a link between the country reps with personal units who appear in canon thus far. At first I thot it was Hetalia, or some WW2 fetish that Japan had been into lately, but no real definition existed.

It was during a discussion about how many IS cores are there left for the ISA to use, when I brought up the idea that IS cores would probably been entrusted to only those countries stable enough to prevent their cores from being stolen. This led me to wiki the NNPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, also Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT or NNPT) is a treaty to limit the spread (proliferation) of nuclear weapons. The treaty came into force on 5 March 1970, and currently there are 189 states party to the treaty, five of which are recognized as nuclear weapon states: the United States, Russia, the United Kingdom, France, and China (also the five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council).
See something? I know I did. That would mean that we will very likely have a US rep and a Russian rep join Ichika's harem in future.

Which then takes us to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Four non-parties to the treaty are known or believed to possess nuclear weapons: India, Pakistan and North Korea have openly tested and declared that they possess nuclear weapons, while Israel has had a policy of opacity regarding its own nuclear weapons program.
I seriously doubt the author, or Japan for that matter, is that progressive to consider featuring 2 dark-skinned nations, and hope to still sell. So that's Japan's ownership of IS, and their symbiotic (and often fetished about) cousin Germany covered. You could even argue flimsily I suppose that the troubled nature of Japan's and Germany's representatives history with IS was an allusion to turmultuous Indian and Pakistani experience with nuclear power. The German rep was even after Japan rep's life. Just like the two neighbours, don't you think?

So I won't be surprised if Israel's rep appears some time. Their personal IS program would be the worst kept secret in the world!

North Korea may or may not appear, but I reckon that the author has taken to use "rogue states" instead in this analogy. These states are represented by Phantom Task and/or the unmanned IS manufacturers who created the cores illegally, if they weren't the same party.

So there you go, if you wanted see if Infinite Stratos had something deep buried in cheap harem, here's a little something for you to think about.