View Single Post
Old 2013-02-20, 14:25   Link #9610
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
On the contrary, a lot was said. Much depends on what you know about George Yeo, who is literally a walking encyclopaedia, an ardent student of history and a firm believer in sound governance. He chose those two words for a very important reason, and if you don't know what he wanted to say, well, you should ask yourself why you don't know.
Because he talks around in circles?

I am not a follower of George Yeo, neither do I follow the local politics as much as Singstat. However from his expression during the defeat of Aljunied GRC, there was some resentment in his look that "I could have done better if only......ah well". He is a man of respect, but it seems that he is bogged down either bureaucracy or reversed flow of decision types (by right, stupid decisions go up, good decisions come down. Seems that it was reversed).

He has a sensible stance, but he makes too much effort not to offend others, even the wingnuts. Why not spend that amount of knowledge in his head putting those blindsided idiots six-feet under?

Quote:
Hence, whither Singapore?

There are no easy decisions, only a lot of hard choices.
You should be glad that you no longer have to be called back to shoot your fellow citizens. I hope I get to rope down into a building held by protestors and literally burn them out with my machine gun and teargas, at least I put my skills in training into good use. Plus it would look cool to have blood caked onto my black fireproof battledress I stuck in my cupboard for 2 years. [/sarcasm]

As much as I want a civil war so we can finally start taking everything apart for renovation, we have progressed and come too far to have one. Engineering 101 is a bitch - it always take alot more to fix something than to damage or destroy it, and we have made so many mistakes in the past 10 years that the good work is getting undone one by one.

Given the patience level of the populance, the lack of competency of rising political opponents and the lack of time, a societal breakdown is inevitable. We need more people with good ears, a moderate belief and understanding to take over the parliament, not a bunch of plutocrats or magic gunners we have, or soon to have.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote