View Single Post
Old 2013-05-29, 16:17   Link #1163
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Necros have always gotten the short end of the stick. I'm mostly disappointed in the fact that the Death Magic trait line still is incredibly terrible. The minor traits are complete crap (they're only useful if you're a Minion Master) and make me feel like I'm wasting trait points if I'm playing anything but a Minion Master... which I usually am. For the most part, I've stopped playing my Necromancer entirely (which is unfortunate because I think Necromancers are cool from a design perspective). Reason is mainly because I feel that I don't have leeway to form builds freely like I can with the Guardian, Warrior, Elementalist, or Mesmer.

For the most part I've been playing my Warrior a lot more lately... I've been trying new builds and I really like my new 10/20/0/20/20 build. I use a Sword/Warhorn+Longbow w/ Shouts and it works incredibly well for WvW (running with PUGs) and for general questing/farming. The best past of this build is I can easily switch my utilities or weapons out for something else (like GS/Rifle w/ banners) and my traits can be easily modified to accommodate the changes without having to reset my trait point allocation. The only thing I can't spec for is a specifically tanky-build, but the different hybrid DPS combos is really nice.

I'm still playing my Engineer and Guardian too, though. I've not been playing my Mesmer quite as much as I used to because while I absolutely love it for dungeons (my Mesmer's survivability is insane), I hate it for roaming because the swiftness uptime is absolutely atrocious.