View Single Post
Old 2012-12-01, 04:20   Link #37
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
After this episode this sounds like denial to me. And unnecessary too, since Shun is out of the piture anyway.

And yeah, maybe Saki didn't know Shun as she well as she would have liked, but that's because Shun always kept to himself for the most part, not Saki being unwilling to know him better or ignoring him. As for him showing more affection towards Satoru.... c'mon. Did he ever do something like that time on the boat with Saki when he was with Satoru? No, in fact he was pretty indifferent with him (and he didn't even mention Satoru once in this episode!).

Saki and Shun loved each other. That couldn't be more clear. Let's deal with it and move on, shall we?
The anime kind of moved really fast and glossed over his relationship with Satoru but even there, he was giving Satoru more attention than Saki, at least while they were still "playing lovers". I don't think Shun didn't love Saki, and that would be impossible to deny, not just from this episode but since pretty much ever, but I do think he loved Satoru as well. And why the hell would he mention Satoru in this episode anyway, unless Saki specifically mentioned Satoru first. Also, it is definitely true that Saki was in love with an "idealized" version of Shun. I agree with you that she had the intention to know him better, but she never acted on it. It wasn't just because Shun always kept to himself but also because she didn't really do anything to bring her love to bear fruit. Yes it wasn't really something she could have done given the circumstances but as undeniable as it is that she loved Shun, and vice-versa for that matter, it's also undeniable that she was in love with an idealized version of Shun without her really knowing much of his inner turmoil and that her love was thus more of a crush than love.