View Single Post
Old 2008-06-22, 00:56   Link #67
Z3120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo View Post
That was embarrassing, and hard to watch.You'd think after all these years of same game-different cast, remakes, spin offs, sequels, ports, adaptations, etc they would start to improve something other than the extreme anime-visuals, given how the Tales series has absolutely nothing else going for it, It might have been a good Idea.
I absolutely love the Tales of Destiny remake more than any other Tales of game ever. I wouldn't be a Tales of fan at all today if it weren't for that game...

And so what about sequels? Not like I would not have not wanted Tales of Destiny 2 considering the PS2 version of TOD was my first and most favorite Tales of game; and given its predecessor's roots and success in Japan (of course, fan following too), it was bound to have one.

I think I do realize the general gist of where you're going with your rant, but I'd have to disagree with what you're complaining about. It's not like the Tales of series hasn't improved their gameplay like the CC gauge in the Destiny remake and the 3-line Tactics & Formation system in Rebirth. And if you're going to complain about the visuals, you might as well point at the Disgaea games by Nippon Ichi at NOT improving their graphics and only concerning themselves with a few more, newer game elements and variations.

Personally, I ain't a fan at all of the 3D Tales of games (maybe except Symphonia, but still...) but if you're going to say Namco-Bandai only worries about presentation and nothing else in other areas has made improvements like gameplay (totally in love with the CC gauge in Destiny), you're wrong. Besides, while not having the most original story or most innovative - which rarely, very few games possess - games generally follow a standard formula present in such series like Final Fantasy. I've always found the Tales of games to have a great cast of characters to follow and some to love (and Motoi Sakuraba's amazing battle theme works). So until you elaborate just what exactly you're complaining about, beats me really.

Now, if you were utterly disappointed in Tales of the Abyss in terms of gameplay, I can see where you're going. Vesperia doesn't look more balanced than Abyss and it seems to have taken some Legendia roots too...
Z3120 is offline   Reply With Quote