View Single Post
Old 2012-02-02, 02:00   Link #2594
faiz blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
While it wouldn't be impossible in a logical sense, it doesn't strikes me a something that would be in her character (as in, she has been described as the queen of the queens and oujo of the oujo-s); so I don't really see herself going out of her way to know who the best fighter in Academy City supposedly is, and if that position has changed constantly lately.

There are also cases like Kuroko, as she knew Touma was "doing something weird" the same night that the Accelerator was defeated by a level 0; she also knew that he was looking for Misaka on that very same night and that Misaka was present at the location where Accelerator was defeated, but even then she strongly denied his involvement in the case saying to herself something like "impossible" , "such stupid rumors can't be true". Cases like that where logic is too strong aren't uncommon in Academy City.

At most, I think that the most realist scenario would be for Misaki to realize that Touma is the one that produced the rumor of "a level 0 that can actively Match the Railgun's attacks every time". In order for Misaki to know about that she should be like.... I don't know? Extremely interested in Misaka; as to investigate secret things about her on her own volition for no true reason.... And that would be a very interesting thing in it's own, if you catch my draft
Isn't more plausible that Misaki simply knows that Touma is Mikoto's rumored boyfriend and that her actions are merely motivated by the desire to troll the other Level 5. From everything that I saw so far, the relationship between those two is the embodiment of the classical "rivals that get at each others nerves".