Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-12, 20:46   Link #23419
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
This whole incident gets a lot shadier. It's entirely possible that this film is an elaborate piece of "agitprop", a false flag tailor made to inflame muslims. Consider this:

‘It Makes Me Sick’: Actress in Muhammed Movie Says She Was Deceived, Had No Idea It Was About Islam

If you watch the trailer, you'll notice that all the names are overdubbed. What also has to be considered is that the film was then again dubbed into Arabic, where in fact it's a lot better acted, and the obvious overdubbing is absent. Unfortunately, while I could find the Arabic version of the trailer earlier, it has since disappeared. I don't think it was ever intended for Western audiences. But for Arabic audiences, it works perfectly. In fact, from my (very limited) knowledge of Arabic culture, some of the mockery of Muhammed does not feel like a westerner would have written it, specifically the section where Mohammed calls the Ass "the first Muslim animal".

Two scenarios seem plausible to me:
1. It was designed by american Christian Fundamentalists/radical anti-Arab Copts to stir up trouble in the middle east and spread negative perceptions of the region in the US, by fuelling attacks on Americans by the far right in the Middle East.
Evidence in favour: The film was first publicised by Terry Jones (of Koran burning fame) and on an anti-islamic copt blog.
2. It was designed by Islamist Arabs to stir up negative sentiment against the US(and Israel) in Egypt and Libya, in a region that is currently better disposed towards the US due to it's support of the Arab Spring.
Evidence in favour: The director seemed to speak Arabic, and it works better in Arabic then in English. The Sam Bacile profile on Youtube has commented on Arabic videos.

Something else to consider is that the film (and Sam Bacile himself) seems to stress it's Jewish origins. There's a prominent section with a "good jewish woman" being killed and raped by Mohammed, and of course Sam Bacile himself has stressed that he's Israeli, and was funded to the tune of $5 million by "100 wealthy jewish donors".

I'm not usually one to go in for Conspiracy theories, but this seems a lot like a conspiracy to me! It's a "false flag operation", intended to create anti-American violence in the middle east. They succeeded in doing so, but the real question is, what's the motive? Whose behind this? How is it that on the one hand you have a well known radical Christian (Jones), and on the other Jihadists.

The timing on September 11 (and during the US election cycle) also seems damn convenient as well. It's entirely possible that the militants who stormed the compound were in on the whole thing.
It very well could be an Islamist extremist who wanted to incite violence against westerners and Israelis. I'm convinced that this "Sam Bacile" is not a Jew. If he was a Jewish person who loves Israel and loves his people, why would he make this film so incredibly, shamelessly, blatantly hate filled and incendiary and then make it a point to proclaim himself a Jew and emphasize that and emphasize getting "100 donation from wealthy Jews" when he would know full well that all this would lead to violence against Israelis? That's right, a Jewish person wouldn't do all this. Sam Bacile isn't Jewish. Who ever made this is framing Jews and trying to create enough hateful anger to lead to the death of Jews and Westerners. This "Sam Bacile" has got to be a Muslim extremist.