View Single Post
Old 2010-08-30, 10:59   Link #42
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Can we get a link regarding the lukewarm response from Japanese fans you are talking about by any chance? I kind of want to see what the story is there.

Also truth be told I don't exactly have much faith in Terada and never really have. The guy has always given me the impression of someone who doesn't really know what they are doing as a team leader and producer (at least not the same way someone like Miyamoto or Shinji Mikami does) but who has just barely managed to scrape by with his reputation intact up until recently where bad ideas like Endless Frontier and frequent graphical overhaul remakes have really started to showcase why some call him a fanservice oriented director. I appreciate that he's overseen a period where the Super Robot Franchise has undergone a renaissance of 2D sprite animation, but he doesn't seem to have any ideas on what to do with the franchise beyond that.
I don't have the link, sorry. Mostly it's because of the expectation came from the ending of ACE:R, and Terada also said something about "working title" on the PS3, so people expect the next SRW game will be on PS3. SRW L just came out of nowhere, which lead to disappointment and, as usual, the following hate toward the game.

Btw, I personally don't think Endless Frontier are bad games. In fact, as enjoyment value involved, I think those games are quite high.