View Single Post
Old 2011-04-05, 02:03   Link #4754
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
It depends ont he age of the dog, puppies are somewhat known to refuse to eat.
To get them to eat, this is what we did with our dog that is, just add some left over graphy from cooking to the bowl, like less than 1 tea spoon. Ours started eating her food right away ever since and when she did start eating it we gradually stopped (within the week or so) and she never really noticed.
You can try feeding them the food as a snack during walks or training, but allas this has a low success rate and only works if the dog is young.
Lastly some dogs do not eat all their food in one go, I know some who don't (unbelievable or not) so you can try leaving it in the bowl for the rest of the day, as long as she eats it eventually it is good.

Chicken is good, but remember those kinds fo food will make your dog overweight in no time. Do not add in any bones, because dogs cannot digest nor chew them properly like wolves can. I wouldn't start giving pets normal food, they are dogs for a reason not humans. It will only provoke begging behaviour so when you eat some chicken the dog will start drooling next to you because he usually eats it too.

Raw eggs are only good once every year or so and are only good for their fur (makes it more shiney). Dogs don't need vegetables, though mine likes fruit every once in a while but not as a daily meal because they get sick from it.
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote