View Single Post
Old 2009-05-24, 18:35   Link #120
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
@Jan-Poo

The club members were not reacting to the fact that Kasuga had dinner with Oosugi. They just didn't want Saki to know that they all knew she had ditched Oosugi thus increasing her shame. Look again at the scene and at when Onee decides to punch him (when Saki drops her head). Also remember that Kasuga himself initially said he didn't want to mention it in front of her in ep. 5. It's just that he got carried away in his moment of sympathizing with Oosugi's situation.
Uhm no I can't agree with this. Kasuga already decided to spill the bean and told them about the whole Ohsugi's situation. He told them that Ohsugi had a broken heart and all, but there was no reaction at that point (althought it seems like Saki is understanding she's the cause).

After that Kasuga says: "If only I had dragged Ohsugi home after dinner yesterday"

I can't see how this should connect with Saki, he's just talking about a dinner he had with ohsugi. Notice the reactions, there's no anger and no sense of guilt from Saki's part. They all feel embarrased and lean away from him.

Only after Morimi asks if that was the dinner she was supposed to have with ohsugi the old woman had totally different reaction. That is because she's the only one who was still clueless about the situation. Notice how micchon and Hirasawa do not react at all here. (However they did react quite evidently when Kasuga talked about the dinner)

Quote:
In the restaurant, the two guys weren't embarrassed about being thought gay so much as for talking too loudly. That would be a perfectly normal feeling in Japan.
Well the only one who was embarrased was Kasuga and he was embarrased even before they started to shout, also he said "I don't want to be anything more than your Junior".

Quote:
My point about guys always blaming the girl stands. I was feeling badly about making it until someone else did it again.
I actually don't blame Saki that much, I do think she had to be more clear with Ohsugi, but there are many reasons that make me think there's more fault on Ohsugi's behalf than on Saki's. There's a limit on how clueless one can be, Ohsugi should have noticed that Saki wasn't really interested in him. While he's fond of Saki I don't think he actually loves her, reason is he doesn't really try to understand her feelings. He's the typical guy who think a girl is cute and dream about having her as girlfriend and forgets he's dealing with a human being with a personality. He doesn't think about how to make Saki happy he only thinks about how he can make himself happy by having Saki for himself.