View Single Post
Old 2009-07-30, 17:58   Link #185
Akka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
If the DVDs for this season sell downright terribly... then this anime, and possibly the Haruhi franchise as a whole, is dead.
This reasoning is weird.

I mean, the backlash about E8 is already famous, even among the producer themselves. They chose to ignore it (or at least to stick to their schedule despite it), but they know it isn't popular.
If the DVD sell terrible, the reason would be pretty obvious : E8.

I don't why they would shut down one of their best-selling franchise just because a KNOWN idiocy have made a particular season's sales plummet.

The obvious deduction would be : E8 was a flop, let's not try to troll people in the future.
Because if it sold well before, and sold bad with E8, they would certainly understand that the Haruhi franchise can still produce money... Only not with idiotic ideas.
As such, disastrous DVD sales could be a GOOD thing for the franchise, by making them understand "quality pay, trolling doesn't". And as such, I hope for a total, complete, utter disaster for the E8 sales. If only to bring justice on the heathens

Of course, you have to be an idiot beyond all reason to even think about producing eight time the same episode, and even more idiotic to actually do it, so counting on them not being total imbeciles is perhaps a flaw in my reasoning, but well...