View Single Post
Old 2012-09-06, 15:57   Link #160
SuperRareTreeCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
I'm only going to address this issue because I am not as up-to-date on my Naruto for the other questions, but to me, it seems fairly simple why he would continue to pretend to be Uchiha Madara--again this is all speculation. The name "Uchiha Madara" has a lot of weight to it. If people already think you are Uchiha Madara (who was so powerful in the past and you can pull off his image fairly well) why then, would you try to convince them that you are someone else-- someone named "Obito." Obito's true identity wasn't widely known. Only a handful of Leaf ninja knew the significant of his name and the only one that would look into it--if a rouge ninja named Obito started causing trouble--would have been Kakashi. As long as he could continue the facade of being Uchiha Madara (or Tobi), his cover wouldn't be blown before the actual war.
I know its simple as to why he would choose such a persona I never said that he shouldn't; I was replying to him pointing out as he said that there was no reason to lie anymore because Konan was going to die regardless. So he's thinking Tobi/Obito did give Nagato the Rinnengan because he claimed that he did and he doesn't see a reason for him to lie. Yet if he thinks there is no point anymore to lying than why did he still lie about his identity?
SuperRareTreeCat is offline   Reply With Quote