View Single Post
Old 2008-09-09, 21:56   Link #24
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

The OP has shot himself in the foot by making such an ambiguous request, so thread derailment was probably inevitable. Nonetheles...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus ex Digital Boy View Post
that's why I'm saying he won't be an 'otaku'. Someone who gets all into every show that they see, and isn't picky or elitist. Someone who isn't just trying to watch all of one genre, but gets into every kind of anime just because it's anime. You can be a fan and not like TTGL, but it's unlikely that you'll find an otaku who dislikes it because the show is meant for people who are or have the potential to be otaku.
Are you kidding me? Do you realize how stupid this sounds?

What you're basically suggesting is that there's two types of anime fans, and the ones that can be labelled as "otaku" (and these are your own words) "gets all into every show that they see, and isn't picky or elitist." The hell does that mean? That they have no taste and are mindless and will willingly swallow whatever crap is poured down their throats. The idea that there are two types of anime fans (ie, those that are "picky or elitist" and those that aren't) is a dangerous enough suggestion to begin with, but what type of zombie likes everything that they watch? You can't make that sort of person... certainly not by making them watch TTGL. I find it bizarre that you're suggesting that you can.