View Single Post
Old 2012-09-21, 20:30   Link #2653
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
I did mean scientifically, yeah. Like taking how the weapons work, and inverting it.

And wasn't that from Cinque's coat? I think it worked for defense.
Whether it was from Cinque's coat or not, she did have a yellow barrier that protected her... at least until Subaru used Vibration Shatter.

And scientifically speaking, it's not exactly a matter of "inverting weapons fire" to create an every shield. That's almost like inverting the anti-matter flow and reversing the polarity of the phaser array; technobabble. Granted, they could use technobabble to come up with one, but it's almost refreshing that they haven't.

And difference materials and fields have different properties, that protect against some things, but not others. For instance, a magnetic field can deflect solar radiation (hence why we on Earth aren't char-broiled). But you can still pass physical objects through it. Cold Plasma, as I said, can theoretically be used to dampen energy weapon attacks, but again, physical weapons pass through unharmed.

Offense, throughout history, has always been stronger than defense. If anything, those would be your reasons why they haven't. Although, granted, it would be nice to hear specifically about their problems in that area. The way the Hucks cut through normal magical shields, and the increasing proliferation of AMF weapons, would seem to indicate that a high priority be placed in that development area.