View Single Post
Old 2007-08-23, 15:24   Link #55
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I'm not supporting the Makoto-Kotonoha relationship for several reasons:

1) It's not natural. The relationship is driven by Makoto's lust and Kotonoha's jealousy. They move along because Makoto wants more without being emotionally loving, and because Kotonoha's afraid that Makoto will advance too far with Sekai for them to continue their relationship. I don't even know what Kotonoha will do now that she saw Setsuna's actions. None of the characters in this relationship is moving in an accurate nor precise pace.

2) It's not mutual. Right now Makoto wants to do things to Kotonoha, yes, but Makoto feels the same way about Kotonoha as he feels about any hot girl. I'm afraid to say it, but I think that Makoto actually loves Sekai to an extent, not just about the sex but he feels at ease when he's around Sekai. After episode seven I now believe that Makoto isn't emotionally attracted to Kotonoha anymore. The most romantic episodes by far in this series for me are episode 1 followed by episode 8. After episode 1 I feel no feelings coming from Makoto towards Kotonoha.

3) It's a relationship without trust. Kotonoha does not trust Makoto and his actions are untrustworthy. She calls him, follows him, stalking him, afraid that he will be alone with Sekai. Makoto has sex with other girls without Kotonoha knowing, then not break up with her, and act like nothing's happening. I don't see how it could work out in the end.