View Single Post
Old 2010-05-28, 22:42   Link #42
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post

It's degrading and an assertion of male chauvinism when I decide to wear a short skirt and stockings? Or a minidress? Or maybe some really tight jeans that show off my butt and a top that makes my boobs look huge (because damn... they definitely need all the help they can get)?

Of my own volition?

And I don't even like men?

I actually like looking and dressing attractively (sometimes "cute," sometimes "sexy"). It makes me feel good; I do not do it because I give a shit about anything any man thinks.
Oh please, purposeful misinterpretation. If the dress choice wasn't of their own voilition it is chauvinism, if it's your own choice thats your own choice, if wearing a miniskirt and fishnet stockings is empowering for you do what you want. but for anyone else to decide for you what is attractive becomes a whole different story. I was assuming that the costume design was not the little girls choosing as it doesn't look like it's a stock costume hence why my assumption of outside interference was not founded. Don't get me wrong I'm not a white knight, i'm all for personal responsibility, as long as the clothing you wear is what makes you comfortable, and you want to wear it, go right for it.

of course if you dress like a whore, and get called whore, don't get angry, you can't have it both ways.