Thread: Rec
View Single Post
Old 2006-03-18, 02:40   Link #153
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

she's one of the managers you'd probably prefer actually .... "happy workers == productive reliable workers" in her book. I'm sure there are some that dropkick a VA the instant they have a bad day because a boyfriend dumped them, they can't pay the bills, yada yada.

This is clearly an activity you do because you love it or because the alternative is being an "elevator girl" or standing on a street corner hawking the latest tissue paper. Much of the reward is just like Aka tears up about.... "she remembered my voice". Until Animaniacs, I never really appreciated voicework (outside of Mel Blanc) --- now I try to make a point of finding who voices characters I enjoy and find some way to let them know I appreciate it. That turns out to be actually relatively difficult unless they have some sort of web presence of their own.

In America, we have the likes of Jesse Harnell, Tress MacNeille, Joe Alaskey, Rob Paulsen, Paul Rugg, and others...
People like Asakawa Yuu and Saito Chiwa and Horie Yui should get any feedback we can give them when we enjoy their antics (and I mean even a simple thank you --- not stalk them ).