View Single Post
Old 2007-05-10, 11:06   Link #2
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Personally in real life, whether or not I end up liking a particular girl rests on three personality traits; for lack of better names in my memory, I'll call them "fighting spirit", "feminine self-awareness", and "reliability". However, just having one or more of these personality traits in abundance isn't enough; it is possible to have TOO much of any of these three traits, causing me to be turned off instead. Let me illustrate;

~ "Fighting Spirit" - how well a girl deals with being teased. This is important because how the girls responds to being teased indicates both her intellectual capacity and her mental strength, and consequently how much I'll enjoy her company. Too little of this trait means she's the type who is easily cowed, and therefore I'll find her boring since she doesn't "fight back" when teased. Too much of this trait basically means she's a bitch, and who likes bitches?

~ "Feminine Self-Awareness - how aware a girl is of her own feminity, and thus her own emotional needs. Too little of this trait means she's a tomboy, and I'm apt to treat her like a good friend, one of the guys...anything BUT a girl. Too much of this trait means she's so saccharine-sweet, I'll only be left gagging from diabetic overload.

~ As for "Reliability", since it's kinda hard to deduce this quotient of personality from the 4 Rakisuta girls based on what we've seen (and are likely to see for the rest of the series), I'll just base my preference on the remaining two traits.

So, giving each trait a 100-point rating, ranging from -50 to 50,

Konata:
Fighting Spirit ~ 30
Feminine Self-Awareness ~ -45

Fun as heck, but I just can't see her as a girl. She'll make a pretty good friend, but that's about it.

Tsukasa:
Fighting Spirit ~ -15
Feminine Self-Awareness ~ 20

Bland. Imouto-type, but nothing particularly outstanding to me.

Miyuki:
Fighting Spirit ~ -30
Feminine Self-Awareness ~ 50

ACK!!!! WAY TOO MUCH SWEETNESS!!!! WAY TOO MUCH MOE!!!! WAY TOO MUC- *dies*

That leaves.....

Kagami:
Fighting Spirit ~ 30
Feminine Self-Awareness ~ 25

As far as I'm concerned, when it comes to tsunderes, Kagami's the perfect blend. "Tsun" but not too "tsun", and "dere" coming out at just the right moments, she's my pick between the four.