View Single Post
Old 2010-09-10, 13:55   Link #7194
Terin

The biggest question is whether someone who is an Innovator is a Human.

Though, a question, kind of in terms with that. Has there been any explanation yet as to if there was a change cellularly/genetically to Setsuna (obviously, he healed)? What has changed that causes him to be an innovator -- we see the high level effects -- but what about the low-level effects?

I see this going a few different ways.

If he's genetically different, then yes, Humanity evolves and becomes something other than Homo Sapien.

His cells could have a new kind of power-house or something similar (GN Particles are absorbed and have saturated cellular structure) -- this could be something like how Lucas put Midochloreans (not sure of the spelling) into Star Wars to make the Force more plausible (though I really disliked this).

But if nothing has fundamentally changed physically from him -- there's a pretty good chance we could see that Humanity will transcend to something beyond the physical form. We still don't really know the details about GN Particles other than that the green ones are good, red are bad, and Trans-AM apparently are very good.

Another question -- also dealing with nanomachines as per earlier discussion. Since there's cellular regeneration therapy and I think they said the the Innovades were kept alive eternally by nanomachines, do all people have them in their system? (i.e. in 2300, is it common place that when you get a shot for something, it's a swarm of nanomachines that kill a bacteria or disease, or cause a body part to regrow by analyzing DNA?) If so, could the GN Particles be affecting these or any trace remnants in one's body?

Or hell, maybe a new sensory organ or part of the brain is stimulated by GN Particles. We don't know.

Or maybe part of it is that GN particles are so metaphysical that they're somewhat from a higher plane?

We know that GN Drives are semi-perpetual, basically because they last a LONG time -- like millions of years, but they *would* eventually lose power, right?
Terin is offline   Reply With Quote