View Single Post
Old 2014-06-12, 11:40   Link #18
all_flying

What defines 'good anime' anyway? I know several western reviewer sucks so much because they failed at reviewing stuff. I ended up watching 'objectively bad shows', and avoiding 'arguably better' shows. Maybe because I'm no westerner so I have different mind map? God knows.

But I'm pragmatic, I see what I can see, I hear what could I hear. I don't believe in 'hurr... don't have soul', 'hurr... no personality', ect. Seriously, I'm tired! So, when you say a certain show is good, let me ask 'What part of it was good?' show me facts, data, screencaps, something which won't be twisted by human's sharp tongue! And vice versa, when you say Free! was bad (or don't deserve attention they got) tell me what is the problem with actual facts and data (or maybe statistic if you could dive that deep). Not some gibberish which will only amount to laughable sophism. Or just be honest, like 'I don't like maleservice in my show' and we can call it a day (a taste opinion. And that's fine).

There is nothing wrong with having peculiar taste. Just don't bash or whine whenever people like shows you don't like or people dislike/unfavored shows you like. That is as stupid as to whine 'why your friends like two shots espresso and you alone dislike it'.
all_flying is offline   Reply With Quote