View Single Post
Old 2009-08-03, 17:40   Link #1271
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
if by plot hole you mean something that outright contredicts the established rules of the universe
i might have something for you

suzaku's geass curse suddenly becoming something that he triggers intentionally
putting aside the whole "why can he trigger it intentionally (which is also odd)
the contrediction part comes from the fact that so far, every time lelouch orders someone to do something, they cant remember what happened or what they did
if suzaku's geass command triggers then he shouldnt be able to remember anything that happened during its activation time
he should just sort of "wake up" after each use in a dazed state
If you absolutely accept that interpretation of the events then I guess one could consider it's a plot hole, but of course I don't. Still it's an example and something to go on.

Quote:
a second plot hole comes from the fact that while shnizel had always been presented as lelouch's equal and most difficult rival (intelectually) in the last arc lelouch is able to predict EVERYTHING about him
including that he would try to escape the moment that Lelouch boards the damocles and then EVERYTHING that he would say
in a conversation that SHNIZEL STARTS
right down to what questions he would ask and how fast he would talk
and the conversation that they have is a deep philosophic debate over the nature of mankind.
That's more of a contrivance than anything else so it fits in more with my whole not a plot hole examples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
but he was able to resist it ?
usually lelouch can tell somoene to shoot themselves in the head and they would smile while they do it
Nunally was also able to try and resist Lelouch's Geass but eventually gave in, same as when Suzaku was about to have the on foot sword fight against Bismark. It was shown twice and if I have to guess it's because they had unusually strong wills. Nobody has ever staved off the acceptance of it for more than a few seconds, but if you can be aware of it I don't see any reason why you couldn't exert a little influence on exactly when it triggers. It all depends on the command. For example if someone is geassed and the command is "when you look at the colour blue you will jump on your head and do a handstand" then there's no reason why they couldn't do that on their own voluntarily. Likewise if someone puts themselves in mortal danger and has a geass that causes their mind to resist it and it just happens to contradict another persons geass so that they now see two possibilities (one the concious will, the other the subconcious will) then I don't see how that is a plot hole. See what trips a lot of people up is that they think Suzaku was controlling what he was doing when he went to attack Bismarck, but really it's all on Bismarck's end and the inability of his future sight to resolve the two wills (I guess the flashy way in which they show the two paths Suzaku could make from Bismarck's POV is what people mistakenly refer to when they call it a "power up", but just because it looks like one doesn't mean it is) of Suzaku that have entirely different attack patterns. He had two choices to make and he chose wrong and was surprised and killed by Suzaku. Bismarck's reliance on his Geass is the only reason that the Live command works out for Suzaku the way it does in that situation and it's not a "power up".

That's all there is to that scene, but man if people just don't remember it right anymore. Sometimes I remember how much people actually remember the events of Code Geass so much as they remember what they think they remember about Code Geass based on the intensely negative and exaggerated reactions leading up to the viewpoint. Uncle John could probably do an entire section of his mythconceptions on Code Geass for the next bathroom reader.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2009-08-03 at 18:03.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote