View Single Post
Old 2010-03-27, 01:56   Link #7153
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylon99 View Post
George is definitely suspicious. Someone posted much earlier that if you go by Knox rules, you can't actually know what's going on in the head of the culprit. People like Natsuhi and Eva (well, discounting her murder of Battler), Kanon it seems, maybe Jessica are out. But we don't really have much narration from George's point of view, do we? We also don't from a few of the other people...
Ahaha well that is true unless you count the part in episode 5 where the narration laughs at us!

Quote:
Well it's true that different people end up dying *during* the game. In Higurashi it certainly worked this way, according to Ryukishi; that Rika jumping to a different kakera meant that the background situation of that world could also be different.

I'm thinking though that the Umineko gameboard is always the same on the morning of Oct 4th though, especially in light of the Author Theory. Otherwise the red that applied to all games couldn't guaranteed to be certain. Like, what if you chanced on the world where Battler DID commit a murder? Then the red is broken.

There's also red that without game specific context ends up applying across all games. EP5's red that Kinzo could never be mistaken by sight is one; even though in EP4 it was given during Battler and Beatrice's argument. By this reasoning, there are reds and truths (stated in red or white) that span across all games. (This is what gave me the confidence in the Author theory anyways..
Well what I was saying was that the red that says his death status is the same for all games implies that it's possible that some people can be dead at the start of only some games.

For example what if there was a world where Battler actually fell off the boat and drowned before coming to Rokkenjima? It wouldn't contradict any reds, but it would change the entire gameboard.

Quote:
George is definitely suspicious. Someone posted much earlier that if you go by Knox rules, you can't actually know what's going on in the head of the culprit. People like Natsuhi and Eva (well, discounting her murder of Battler), Kanon it seems, maybe Jessica are out. But we don't really have much narration from George's point of view, do we? We also don't from a few of the other people...

I think in Ryukishi was using EP6 to give us some answers and so playing dead on the first twilight was one of the answers. The proof being that people were found in comfortable rooms. So now we know in EP6 and EP5 people were faking the first twilight. EP3 also exhibits this behavior, everyone was found inside a room in relatively comfortable positions. (Not like some of the other murders where people were dumped outside in the rain.)

So I extended this to, "What if there's a conspiracy to fake 6 deaths in every episode?" Using the 'certain truths extend to all episode' idea from above.

So, EP1, what if they WERE playing dead but then someone came along and killed them (since people playing dead, like REALLY playing dead are easy targets) and then moved? We saw nothing past midnight to 6am so it all could've happened without being discovered. EP2, they could've been moved into the church. EP3, they were asked to play dead, killed (maybe well after they were found), but the mover did not succeed (George?). EP4 however seemed that the play-dead-person didn't get a chance to act...
But yah, I do think a different faction does the killing.
I like this idea somewhat, because it gives George a motive to leave in episode 3, but I think at least some of the games don't work that way. If episode 2 was faked somehow they were killed before anyone could show Battler the fake version of the murder. It also might mean that George and Nanjo are double agents.
Judoh is offline   Reply With Quote