View Single Post
Old 2010-09-26, 07:47   Link #18715
bio9205
Reborn

To be on the safe side... Since the Solbrave is transformable, I'll probably leave it in MA mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Super glue is good at fixing loose joints, but the project can quickly backfire (it's happened to me several times which resulted in the actual breaking of the figure). You have to REALLY be careful with superglue on these figures. Too much, and the joint won't move and then SNAP.
This happened to my Arios' leg. Thank goodness my cousin is a genius. He drilled a hole into Arios' GN Drive (crotch) where the joint broke, and used a runner to replace the joint. It's not pretty, but it's better than nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
You need the right amount, which is like...a super small drop. Now it can go two ways in terms of application. Put a drop glue on the ball joint, and let it dry/harden. After an hour or two, put the arm or leg or whatever back on the joint, and the crust made from the dried super glue should create enough friction when moving the joint to make it hard again.

I'd suggest practicing on...whatever you can. I've done it countless times and I still fuck up every now and then *points to my Robot Damashii Susanowo and Reborns Gundam)
That's how I screwed up my Susanowo. Because of the experience I had with Arios, I was scared shit, and applied glue to every single one of those polycap-ball/plastic-socket joints. Normal kits have 2, but Susanowo had TEN. So I was pretty much fucked - I couldn't remove the poly cap balls, and I can't even attach the legs to it without having them drop off.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote