View Single Post
Old 2012-11-27, 13:49   Link #71
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The problem is that I think it will be very difficult for most people to honestly differentiate between "shows that disappoint me" and "the worst shows". Most people think the two are interchangeable because "the worst to me is the one I'm most disappointed by". Which makes this thread the more honest of the two. (Not to mention the shows people will list are among the ones they've watched, and they had a reason for wanting to watch them in the first place... unless they're the sort of person who literally watches everything just because it's anime, and that gives you a whole other sort of perspective...)

In other words, if we did create a "Worst Shows of 2012" thread, I would be willing to bet that the results would be pretty much the same as here, even though I doubt that -- if you're being truly objective -- the shows most-listed here are really "the worst of the year". Opinions are subjective in the end.

I am sorry I disagree, my response would not be the same if it was worst. Of course a lot of anime I might classify as worst I would never watch in the first place.

However my worst anime I watched any of in 2012 would be SAO. A lot of people are listing it as disappointing. It didn't disappoint me because I had low expectations to begin with. I dropped at ep 5 and just reading about certain things made me glad I did. But was I disappointed in it, not really. How can I be disappointed in something that didnt do much for me from the start.

Now other people seemed to enjoy aspects of SAO or liked its first half, so those posters being disappointed make sense, but that is very different from my feelings for the series.

Heck in my response I even listed a series I generally enjoyed (Kids on a Slope) but I was still disappointed because I feel it could have been much better if it wasn't rushed.