View Single Post
Old 2007-11-23, 08:07   Link #96
rcoltsaaeln

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Honey & Clover I&II by a longshot. Though it focused more on the drama and the coming to age aspect the Romance is top notch. It actually felt real.

On the harem anime thing actually in most of them it was never about choosing, but the main characters coming to terms with their feelings. I don't get why love doesn't have anything to do with it.

Btw KGNE ain't that special it's just your everyday soap opera.
Oho, I've watched my fair share of soap operas and in my opinion KGNE is far superior. A lot of them plod on and on, and hardly anything happens. The KGNE animation may be shoddy but the pacing is top notch, it had a great ED, and that show really put my emotions through the wringer. I had to take a break after the first few episodes, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Real means different things to different people. To some it's "yeah, this could happen to me too". To others it's "if this happened to me, this is how I might react". KGNE, I think, falls in the latter category, H&C in the former.

Hmm. Ok, back on topic. Actually, Kimi Ga Nozumu Eien was the first anime to spring to mind when I saw the topic, heh.

1. Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu

It was mentioned briefly before in the thread but if you're looking for a short romantic SF-ish piece this is it. Far superior to Saikano, which achieved half the angst with twice the length. Bonfire scene, the whole thing with the handphones -two thumbs up

2. Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noburu Sora

Nice mix of humour and angst. Also, nice music.

3. KGNE

I've said enough. Go and watch it if you haven't already.

4. Honey & Clover I

H&C I does have some excellent moments, especially with Mayama/(that potter girl). H&C II, less so.

5. REC

Fluffy, cute romance. Peppy OP. The premise is a little - well, unbelievable, but it's a good show anyway

As for harem animes, I watched and liked Shuffle, Da Capo and Canvas 2, but I'm aware some people don't classify these as romance.