View Single Post
Old 2010-08-30, 20:03   Link #16832
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chounokoe View Post
But why would Shannon know of a crime happening on Rokkenjima, especially asking for people to solve that crime in the name of Ushiromiya Maria, if she did not know by that time, that a crime was going to happen in the first place.
She didn't. Doesn't have to. I can write a story about how tomorrow I will get a phone call from a person whom I didn't talk to for ten years. If I keep writing those stories and saying "tomorrow" in them, it is very likely that I will one day seem to have been right in every single one of them, since people do occasionally make those phone calls, because I have kept the constant phone numbers for the last fifteen years and thousands of people have them. Sometimes people just turn up. So, if I have written such stories, have I known this will happen or not?

Quote:
Your theory leaves that part of the story completely unaccounted for and for someone who is often calling for physical improbability the idea of the bottle being miraculously thrown into the ocean by the explosion and then one of them travelling 2 times their normal speed to reach their destination in time, is rather weak.
Umm... What's the normal speed of a message bottle? So far, the slowest the message ever got to the destination, if my memory serves me right, is 300 years. Landed fairly close to where it should have, too.

For example, though, she dumped them into the water near the mouth of the sub pen cave, discarded as failed drafts, and they got blown out by the pressure wave coming in through the tunnel with the water - but didn't break because the tunnels caved in soon after that.

Quote:
The author of those letters must have known that a crime was about to occur and that it was impossible for anybody to survive.
Impossible for anybody to survive - yes. Known that a crime was about to occur - not necessarily, as explained above.

Quote:
That person also wanted for certain people to have a share in the wealth if nobody else could have it, so a theory of 'her and George running of together but abandoning all their money and having no place to run to' seems highly improbable.
You seem to have missed the bit about the 1 billion bank card. That's what it's really for.

Quote:
It is a comment that Will makes about the first game. He says that the game was played by a risk from the very start, because had he entered the shed, it would have all been discovered right away.
Clair counters that by saying that this was one of the few times where she was fully playing roulette and hoped for a proper outcome of that situation.
Claire is a creation of Bern based on her interpretation, Will addresses that interpretation. It is in Bern's interest to paint Claire the culprit and then show that she's irrelevant anyway. It is in Claire's interest to keep George unaccused because she loves him, so she takes the blame.

Will just gets railroaded all the way and only realises it in the very end.

Quote:
Yet that again would leave Shannon again to kill Jessica and in your theory you said that Shannon never wanted to kill.
I didn't say it was a complete theory.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote