View Single Post
Old 2010-09-03, 04:37   Link #17117
cmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehChron View Post
Incorrect, if it is the fact of the matter, why take a roundabout way of phrasing it? Why not go so far as to demonstrate her finishing that sentence?
Bern's version: because Ange didn't let her. Of course, you don't want to believe it. Me too. That's why I wrote that I know all the problems with this red and you don't need to point them to me.

Quote:
Once again, Ryukishi has emphasized in at least two separate episodes that "truth" varies from person to person, and is, as Okonogi put it, "something that may not truly exist".
That's called "interpretation". It doesn't change the objective fact of event of the past itself. People can't know the truth, because all clues were destroyed in the explosion, creating the catbox. The only ones who can open it are the survivors, who know the truth and, by Bern's words, the Traveler witches who are able to destroy the catbox itself. Eva is presumed to be the only survivor and she kept her mouth shut, thus closing the catbox for all eternity. Therefore, for other people truth is indeed doesn't exist - they can't possibly know it. They can only create different interpretations. But witches can and Bern says that she showed it to us.
Maybe Battler really survived and will tell us the true story as another survivor in ep8.

Quote:
The Court of Illusions Trial in Episode 5. Erika in general, if you're looking for precedent of them trolling us with twisted variations of the "truth", or even entirely made up theories "accepted as the truth".
They were all logical conclusions from the facts presented, Bern didn't invent anything. And her "epic trolling" moments are mostly her declaring something unpleasant in red.

Quote:
But hey, if you really believe that happened, then Im sorry to let you know that you're in for heavy disappointment when Episode 8 comes out.
I never wrote something like that, I don't see why you attacking me. I guess I made some fans angry.
cmos is offline   Reply With Quote